Childline

Tuesday

Remembering

Nothing else did happen last night. In the end, my parents slept for the rest of the day and all through the night. When I woke up this morning, my dad was still passed out on the couch but at least it meant he couldn't shout at me. I made some toast and ran out of the door to go to school.
   School was horrible. I had all the worst subjects: maths, science and geography! P.E made up for it though! We played basketball and I actually managed to get the ball in the net! A first! The team still slagged me off for missing it three times so it wasn't totally awesome. Oh well, you can't have everything I suppose.
   Coming home from school, I did my usual trick of taking two steps forward and one stap back. This earns me lots of strange looks from the other kids but I know they only hate me because they don't understand. I started daydreaming as I walked (forgetting where I was going) and ended up almost getting run over by my P.E teacher on one of the quieter streets. She stopped to check I was okay, telling me I was away with the fairies. Once she knew I was fine, she said goodbye and carried on. It was only then I realsised just how quiet that street was. I didn't pass a single car the whole rest of the way down it.
   When I arrived home, my dad had finally come round and left. I made myself comfy on the couch and watched some TV; something I don't get to do very often. I watched Toy Story 2 on one of the channels and cried all over again when Jessie's owner threw her away. Remember when I was telling you about Jessie, my doll? Well, she's a Jessie doll from that film. I fell in love with Toy Story the moment I saw the first one and became more than a little obsessed with Jessie when I had watched the second one. I watched them at my friend Lilly's house (back when I still had friends) in England and I loved it.
   Anyway, I didn't do much else for the rest of the day. I liked being able to relax without worrying about what would happen if my mum or dad opened the door and caught me watching TV instead of doing my homework or something else difficult. I read some of my mum's "childhood books" as she calls them and suddenly had a thought. I liked reading so why not do it more. I walked down to the local library and started reading a book called "Run Zan Run" by Catherine MacPhail. It was really good. In fact, it was so good I couldn't put it down. I had to keep reading until the end. I found it was easy for me to relate to both Katie and Zan because both of them do through similar problems to mine. Katie is bullied at school and Zan runs away from home. I won't tell you too much about it in case I spoil it. You should try reading it; it's very good. :) I especially liked the end and I actually gasped out loud (causing the librarien to glare at me) and started reading at lightning speed because I was so deperate to know what was going to happen.
   Once I'd finished reading I went back home and found my mum and dad watching TV in the living room. I decided not to disturb them and wen't upstairs. I don't think they've realised I'm home yet and here's hoping they don't ever notice so I can have a peaceful night tonight. Fingers crossed.

May God Watch Over You

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave me your Stardust to remember you by"