Typical Day

Life has been pretty normal today. This is my first day of blogging and I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences.

   I woke up this morning to screaming and yelling from downstairs. My mum was shouting that she was the one under a lot of pressure at work and that my dad was just being soft while my dad was protesting that she was a lazy slob who couldn't hold down a job for long enough. They both work for the same people. The people the work for are dangerous; they work with illegal drugs, selling and trading them and transporting them overseas. I don't see why I shouldn't post that as no-one will ever find out my identity.
   Anyway, after waiting until the door slammed twice as they both left for work at their separate times, I had breakfast and headed off to school. School was pretty normal, we played Hockey in P.E, read a book in English and did some group performing in Music. We were studying Hip Hop and played a song called "I'll be missing you".
   When I got home, my parents weren't back yet so I let myself in with the key under the doormat. I got something to eat and decided to confine myself to my room for as long as possible to avoid any arguments that could turn physical. Unfortunately, this didn't work out and my mum started calling for me as soon as she was in. I was running errands for the rest of the afternoon before my dad came home in a bad mood. He started shouting at me, telling me that I was useless and that I would never amount to anything. Then he started punching me, reminding me with every blow that it was my fault he suffered at work and I should stop being such a bad influence on the neighberhood kids.
   He was referring to the many other times I have attempted to run away and been found by the police. They have now classed me as a "problem child", a bad child and don't believe anything I say. If I went to social services again, my parents would deny everything and they would assume I was telling lies. Adults never listen; if I've learned anything from this, it's that!
   I'm now sittting at the computer while my parents are out drinking. I went to bed last night with loads of fresh bruises and they didn't even hit me that hard yesterday so goodness only knows what I'm going to look like in the morning. So, this was a typical day in my house. I hope none of you ever have to go through this.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave me your Stardust to remember you by"