I went to bed last night aching all over from the pounding I got last night. I woke up this morning with bruises all over my arms and lots of huge scratches from my mum's claw-like nails. Sometimes, I think she grows them extra-long just to hurt me with them. Weekends are usually worse than weekdays because I can't escape by going to school.
   Today wasn't as bad as most weekends, my parents slept late as usual so took the money they'd left on the table and wen't out to buy things for their breakfast. I knew I wouldn't get any of the hot breakfast I was going to make for the two of them but I also knew I would be much worse off if I didn't make it. So, instead of going straight to the shops, I went down to the park for a bit. It was still really early so there weren't many people there but I like it that way. There's nobody to judge me or make fun of me or anything like that.
   I don't have any friends at school because I was the "New Girl" at first and now everyone calls me the "Weird Girl" becasue I'm different and I'm always getting into trouble for something. I remember getting bullied and reporting it to one of my teachers. After a few weeks, she got bored of me telling her about what was happening (even though she had specifically told me to report EVERYTHING) and decided that the bully must be having problems at home if she was doing this kind of thing. Have you ever noticed that adults always do that? They turn the problem around and start worrying about the bully instead of the child who is being bullied. Why do they do it? I don't know but it's very annoying!
   Anyway, while I was at the park, I felt totally free and alone. I really liked that feeling of being able to do and say anything I wanted without getting picked on or beaten up. I felt completely relaxed for the first time in ages. So, after staying for as long as I could, I went to the shops to buy the breakfast stuff. When I got home, my parents still weren't up but I knew they would want to eat as soon as they were awake so I got started.
   The rest of the day was pretty normal. I said I was going out for a while and they agreed just to get rid of me. I wandered the streets for a while, straying far, far away from my house. I walked into the next town, not actually going anywhere in particular and wandered around Tesco. Now, there's only so much you can do in Tesco without any money before the security guard thinks you're "hanging around" and threatens to kick you out if you don't buy something. I left the shop as soon as I noticed he seemed to be following me around.
   I took my time going home, taking two steps forward and one step back. I stopped at the park again on my way but it was nothing like this morning. It was really crowded and almost everyone in my class were huddled together in their little groups of friends. None of them asked me to join (not that I really expected them to) so I continued on my way. When I arrived home, my parents had already left for work so I busied myself with searching the internet for any tips on running away successfully. All I found were lots of people telling me how dangerous it is on the streets, no-one was very helpful.

May God be with you everywhere you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Leave me your Stardust to remember you by"